Marflet Marine strives to maintain and further develop a fleet of ships fulfilling market standards as stipulated by the world’s leading Oil Majors and meeting national and international rules and regulations.
The Safety of crew and vessels as well as the protection of the environment has top priority within the Marflet Marine fleet. We are committed to safe and secure transportation of liquid cargoes at sea and our goal is to reach zero incidents, zero spills or releases to the environment, reduction in permitted emissions and zero detentions by continuously improving our procedures, practices and controls.
We carefully select and train our staff in order to constantly meet the requirements of our customers as well as those of national and foreign maritime authorities. The majority of our staff has worked in the Company for many years, thereby ensuring continuity and compliance with the high standards determined by Marflet Marine.
Juan J. Ferrer
Safety Company Policy
The safety objectives of the Company Policy are to ensure safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life, and avoidance of damage to the environment and property.
Safety management objectives of the Company are, inter alia:
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and safe working environment.
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks.
- Continuously improve safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection.
- Continuous improvement in the reduction of pollution; and
- Continuous striving to reach Zero goals:
Zero Incidents – Zero Pollution – Zero Detentions
For this purpose the Company has developed and implement a Safety Management System (SMS) which is maintained at shore office and in all Company’s operated vessels.
The Company’s Safety Management System ensures:
- Compliance with ISM code and mandatory rules and regulations.
- That applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the Organization, Administrations, Classification Societies and Maritime Industry Organizations, are taken into account.
- Quick application of possible improvements in the safety and environmental management.
Juan J. Ferrer
The Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
The day-to-day operational conduct of Marflet Marine S.A. is governed by the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy. This Policy Endeavour’s to ensure that all operations are carried out in a manner which:
- Ensures the safety and health of employees and other persons affected by Company activities.
- Gives due regard to the protection and conservation of the environment
- Complies with, or exceeds, all relevant international, national and local laws and regulations which relate to health, safety and protection of the environment.
- Ensures that commercial factors shall not take precedence over matters relating to health, safety and environmental protection.
In order to implement this policy, Marflet Marine S.A. endeavours to ensure that vessels under its management are manned by qualified, medically fit and suitably trained seafarers and insists on a commitment from all employees to maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental protection.
Seafarers employed on Marflet Marine S.A. managed vessels are invited to identify potentially unsafe or unsound procedures, equipment or practices and to bring them to the attention of a responsible person and/ or Safety Committee on board the vessel.
Safety and environmental protection is the responsibility of all personnel onboard and any person who feels after bringing the matter to the attention of a responsible person onboard and/ or the Safety Committee, that the safety or environmental protection are still compromised, must inform to Marflet Marine S.A. Designated Person Ashore (DPA).
It is the responsibility of the Master to ensure that all personnel on his vessel adhere to this policy.
This policy shall be reviewed at regular intervals and amended and updated when necessary to ensure that it remains effective.
Juan J. Ferrer
As an essential part of its Environmental Management System, whose scope covers the “PROVISION OF MARITIME TRANSPORTATION SERVICES WITH SPECIALIZED OIL AND CHEMICAL TANKERS IN WORLDWIDE TRADE”, Marflet Marine S.A. has set up this Environmental Policy, by which it commits to:
Manage the significant environmental aspects in a responsible manner and in any case in accordance with ISO 14001 standard.
Learn, communicate, and comply with all applicable legal requirements concerning environmental protection, promulgated by the various Authorities with responsibilities in this area, and with any other commitments voluntarily subscribed to, and that might influence and constrain the development of our activities.
Establish a corporate culture that discourages criminal or other aberrant conduct by establishing a system to encourage and oversee compliance with regulations and standards, and to discover and appropriately deal with non-compliances.
Voluntary disclose any wrongdoing on a timely basis and cooperate with Government’s investigations.
Carry out actions for continuous improvement of significant environmental aspects, where this is techno-economically viable.
Strive to reduce, prevent or control the various existing types of pollution and to prevent future ones, where techno-economically viable.
Strive to deliver its contribution by reducing its Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, particularly CO2 emissions, supporting IMO to develop real and sustainable GHG emission reduction regulations from ships that will not hinder international commerce energy efficiency.
Effectively manage the wastes generated in our activities, when they are harmful to the environment.
Consider environmental factors in relevant purchasing decisions and giving preference to those products and services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose.
Establish environmental objectives and targets consistent with this Policy and review them periodically.
Communicate this Policy to our employees, subcontractors and suppliers and maintain it publicly available.
Juan J. Ferrer
Company Security Policy
It is the policy of the Company to provide a secure working environment by establishing and maintaining the required security measures to prevent unlawful acts against the ship, which endanger the safety and security of persons and property onboard the Company ships.
Company objectives are to:
- Provide security procedures and practices for ship operations to protect the security of the ships, ports and the wider community.
- Establish safeguards to reduce the risk to visitors, crew and shore personnel onboard the Company ships.
- Improve the security skills and awareness of the Company personnel ashore and onboard, and
- Prepare contingency measures for emergencies relating to possible security incidents.
- Preserve the cyber security with the required software and hardware equipment.
The Company intends to achieve these objectives by:
- A ship Security Assessment and Security Plan specific to each ship.
- Comprehensive training for Company personnel.
- Actively promoting security awareness amongst Company personnel.
- Regular document reviews and internal audits, and
- Providing the necessary support to the Company Security Officer (CSO) and Ship Security Officer (SSO) to fulfill their duties in accordance with chapter XI-2 and part A and B of the ISPS code
Juan J. Ferrer
Drug and Alcohol Policy
It is the policy of the Company that any Master, Officer, Petty Officer, Rating or contractor when on board our vessels is prohibited from performing any duties whatsoever whilst under or seemingly under the influence of alcohol or drugs or an illegal substance or possess any such substances.
Juan J. Ferrer
Quality Management System’s Policy
Shipmanagement services of Marflet Marine S.A. are used by world-wide Customers that demand the highest standards of performance and reliability. The quality of our services plays a key role in achieving Customers’ satisfaction and in turn business success.
It is our Policy to:
- Provide services that meet current and predictable future requirements of our customers in the most efficient and competitive way, as well as applicable laws and regulations, in turn satisfying the interests and expectations of other stakeholders (shareholders, employees, suppliers and Society in general).
- Ensure safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life, and avoidance of damage to the environment, striving to reach zero incidents and zero spills.
- Maintain an effective coordination with our suppliers, in order to ensure availability for our customers of the most appropriate and efficient vessels, equipped with the best and more up-to-date technology advances.
- Act in an attitude of leadership, to properly guide the efforts of all staff, for which we ensure a proper selection, training and promotion, recognizing their essential role and creating an internal environment in which everyone can participate and get involved in the achievement of the Organization’s objectives. In particular, vessels will be operated with senior officers with appropriate experience and training on their specific type and trade.
- Identify the continuous improvement in performance as a permanent Objective of the Organization, facilitating and encouraging the active participation of all personnel in this task.
- Implement and communicate this Policy to all our employees, and review it regularly for updates.
Our overall Quality Objective is to continually improve customer’s satisfaction by operating an efficient and effective Quality Management System, striving to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations at every opportunity. This is achieved through understanding current and future customer needs and expectations and through structured planning for the future organization and managing change.
Juan J. Ferrer
Energy Efficiency Management Policy
The Company, having established and implementing an Environmental Management System certified in accordance with ISO 14001, believes that although shipping is by far the most fuel-efficient mode of transport, nevertheless additional action has to be taken to further improve the energy efficiency of ship related operations. The increased energy efficiency eventually results in increased environmental protection by reducing air emissions.
Energy efficiency is controlled primarily through well-planned and properly managed ship operations and needs the personal commitment of everyone involved in the above tasks. To be successful, energy efficiency and conservation must become part of the day to day operation and living onboard.
In our efforts to enhance the energy efficiency on the shipboard operations, the Company is committed to:
- Establishing and maintaining a Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) which is regularly reviewed by all concerned departments and approved by the management of the Company. This Plan, which applies to all fleet vessels, provides standard procedures and practices on best energy management under the various operational modes of the vessel
- Implementing an Environmental Management System supported with several environmental programs with the objective of continually increasing energy efficiency and minimizing energy waste. A set of time-specific, measurable – whenever practicable – and achievable targets shall be established and maintained, which shall relate to a combination of design optimization, in-service performance monitoring and best-practice operational management processes
- Promoting energy efficiency awareness through training to the shore and sea-going personnel and implementing energy related Campaigns and other personnel incentive/motivating programs
- Monitoring and complying with all applicable legal requirements related to ship energy efficiency management
This Policy shall be periodically reviewed with the aim of being kept always updated so as to function as the “leading light” towards a continual energy efficiency improved performance.
Juan J. Ferrer
Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
- The Company’s shore staff and seagoing personnel shall not be involved in any kind of harassment, abuse, discrimination or child pornography.
- The Company’s personnel shall not conceal any identified unsafe act or event which affects or could affect human health and safety, the environment and the property.
- The Company’s personnel shall carry out their duties in a professional and impartial manner. All Company’s employees shall act in honesty and good faith.
- All information regarding Company operations, projects, reports or any work carried out shall be treated as business confidential to the extent that such information does not conflict with Company’s policy for HSSQEEn excellence and is not already disseminated or made generally available to third parties.
- Any kind of offer, gift or bribe in any form direct or indirect, including kickbacks is strongly prohibited in all Company’s operations. Furthermore, the Company prohibits the use of other routes or channels for provision of improper benefits to, or receipt of improper benefits from agents, contractors, suppliers or employees of any such party or government officials.
- Procurements are conducted in a fair and transparent manner.
Juan J. Ferrer
Social Media Policy
This policy outlines the necessary principles that users of social media shall observe, the conditions in which Internet activity will be monitored and actions to be taken upon violation of the established policy. The Company, expects all individuals to comply with this policy at all times and to protect the Company’s reputation.
This policy deals with the use and misuse of social media platforms and other websites including but not limited to:
- Social networking websites such as Facebook, CrewToo, MySpace, LinkedIn, Yahoo! Groups, QQ.com, VK.com.
- Micromedia / Microblogging websites such as Twitter.
- Multimedia websites such as YouTube and Instagram.
- Wikis such as Wikipedia.
- Blogs and News sites where content and comments can be posted.
- Any other website where user-generated content can be posted for wider sharing.
This policy applies to all individuals working at all levels in the Company, either in the office or on board the vessels and covers the use of social media (as outlined above) during work and non-work hours, on personal and Company supplied equipment such as laptop computers and cellular / smart phones.
The General Manager, Lines Managers and ships’ Masters are responsible for ensuring that the standards set forth by this policy are communicated to their teams and that their own conduct sets a good example in this respect.
The Company recognizes the value of social media and expects all staff to use these tools responsibly.
The following basic principles should be observed:
- Be responsible. As an employee, any user-generated content could have an impact on the Company’s reputation, so give careful thought before sharing photographs or video of the Company assets, particularly our ships, facilities or people in uniform. For example, images taken during an incident could potentially be detrimental to an investigation.
- Be accurate and honest. In any circumstance in which you are in doubt, or you are uncertain about how to respond to a post, contact the Company for guidance.
- Do not make posts or comments that may be considered defamatory, obscene, libellous, threatening, harassing or embarrassing to others.
- Before you post photographs of other people, get their permission first.
- Never use someone else’s copyrights, copyrighted material, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property.
- If you see comments relating to the Company that you think should be addressed, contact the Company for guidance.
- Do not use the Company’s logo (in any form) on any personal social media platform. Use of any Company logo must be approved by the Company.
- Respect others in any online social interaction. Do not use social media or any similar form of communication to attack or insult the Company, fellow employees, customers, vendors, contractors, suppliers, competitors or others.
- Do not disclose any confidential, proprietary or sensitive information about the Company as well as names of our employees, customers, vendors, contractors, suppliers, competitors or others. Employees are reminded of Company’s policy on public statements / media response.
- Do not comment on Company related legal matters, financial performance, competitors, strategy or rumours, unless you are specifically authorized to do so by the Company.
- If any member of the media (social or traditional) contacts you about your user-generated content (i.e., blog post, comment, video), a colleague’s or another party’s, do not engage in a dialogue, but refer them to contact the Company.
Please be aware that violation of this policy may be grounds for disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Juan J. Ferrer
Harassment and Bullying Policy
No harassment and bullying: Harassment includes any inappropriate and unwelcome conduct which, whether intentionally or not, creates feelings of unease, humiliation, embarrassment or discomfort for the recipient, where sexual harassment is unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Bullying is a form of harassment that includes hostile or vindictive behaviour and results in a work environment in which a group of people or an individual may become threatened or intimidated because of the negative or hostile behaviour of another group of people or individual. Bulling, including cyber bulling, may involve a misuse of power or position and is often persistent and unpredictable.
Harassment and bullying are examples of conduct that is unwanted and causes detrimental effects, which may include, stress, lack of motivation, reduced work performance, absence from duties and resignations.
All seafarers have the right to work without suffering harassment and bullying. It is a matter of good employment practice to foster a working environment in which seafarers can work free of harassment and bullying. For the dignity and well-being of all seafarers, the Company is committed to the elimination of harassment and bullying from vessels and to ensuring a working environment in which everyone is respected.
In order to tackle harassment and bullying, the Company actively encourages its seafarers to bring incidents, including those that affect others, to its attention without delay, adopting reporting procedures, conducted in absolute confidentiality, in which all seafarers should have confidence.
In every managed vessel, a person or persons are designated to act as the first point of reference for each seafarer that wishes to make a complaint, either a member of the crew, or a company employee based ashore, or a person designated by the Company to act on its behalf. The victim of harassment or bullying is also provided with the option, at his discretion, of resolving the complaint informally. This could involve the victim explaining the effects of the alleged perpetrator’s actions in the presence of another Company person, trained in the resolution of complaints. The alleged perpetrator may then be offered an opportunity to apologize for his actions and undertake not to repeat them.
Juan J. Ferrer
Social Responsability Policy
Company operates in a socially responsible manner, ensuring the safety of people and the environment, through transparent and ethical behavior, respecting the following principles:
- Accountability for the organization’s impacts on society and the environment;
- Transparency in the organization’s decisions and activities that have impact on society and the environment;
- Ethical behavior at all times;
- Respect, consider and respond to the interests of the Company’s stakeholders and employees;
- Accept that respect for the rule of law is mandatory;
- Respect international norms of behavior, while adhering to the principle of respect for the rule of law; and
- Respect human rights and recognize both their importance and their universality.
The Company addresses the following core subjects in order to identify the issues and priorities that are relevant for the organization: Organizational governance; Human rights; Labor practices; Environment.
Our commitment to this objective is underscored by the daily actions of our employees and their dedication to the numerous programs and practices we have implemented.
We aim to integrate sustainable thinking and corporate social responsibility into all our business processes and business relationships. Employee skills and competencies are developed by continually raising awareness and impartment of training.
We recognize that our operations have a global influence. With this in mind, we work diligently with our employees, local communities and internationally recognized bodies to ensure that social factors are integral to our business principles.
We promote continual improvement as a principal driver by knowledge-sharing practices and the timely review of our management systems while always meeting or exceeding all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
Juan J. Ferrer
Company is committed to conducting all aspects of her business with honesty and integrity, and to providing a working environment where high standards of ethical, moral and legal business conduct are encouraged and safeguarded.
The Company is confident in the comprehensiveness and effectiveness of its Management System and its role in ensuring the safety of people and the environment, as well as in the effectiveness of its existing reporting channels.
Furthermore, the Company is committed to a workplace characterized by open communication regarding its business practices. As such, this Whistleblowing Policy has been developed to provide a means for employees and seafarers to raise concerns that cannot be, or have not been, adequately addressed via usual reporting channels without fear of retaliation or discrimination over such reports made in good faith.
The Whistleblowing Policy addresses concerns related to issues of public interest, including, but not limited to, the following:
- A criminal offence;
- Non-compliance with legislation and/or Company procedures, particularly in relation to health and safety at work or environmental protection;
- Dishonesty, either verbal or written (including intentionally maintaining official log books or records inaccurately);
- Malpractice or unethical conduct;
- Financial or non-financial misadministration or malpractice or impropriety or fraud;
- A safety and/or security risk or hazardous condition that may impact the life or health of individuals on board the vessel;
- Miscarriages of justice; and
- The deliberate concealment of any of the above.
If an employee has a legitimate concern in (and holds reasonable belief that the information he has relates to) one of the above areas and wishes to raise the concern in good faith, it should be raised with the Master, DPA or other Company’s representative who may be able to agree a way of resolving the concern quickly and effectively.
Although the Company’s Top Management maintains an open-door policy endeavoring to address individuals’ concerns internally, a concern can also be raised through the following channels:
Tel.: +34 91 532 83 01
Reports can be made without fear of retaliation and be even anonymous. Upon receipt of a report, same will be assessed by the Company’s Top Management and an investigation may commence, if deemed necessary. Any victimization of a member of staff who “whistle-blows”, or any attempt to deter him from reporting, will be regarded as a serious disciplinary offense and will result in action under the Disciplinary Procedures.
Juan J. Ferrer
Do you need more info?
+(34) 915 328 301
C/Antonio Maura, 16
28014 (Madrid) Spain